SAVE THE DATE
Join the two-day tour from
Atlanta to Alabama
March 5 & 6, 2022
EMPOWERING THE FUTURE GENERATIONMost of the business of SCLC/W.O.M.E.N., Inc. is handled through the various task forces.
The standing initiatives are:
- Enrichment for Children and Youth
- Voter Empowerment
- Seniors Task Force
- Health and Welfare
- Political Action
- Global Outreach
- An estimated 1.1 million people in the United States are living with HIV, and about 15% of those don’t know they are infected.
- Of the U.S. population living with HIV, almost half are virally suppressed.
- There were 39,782 new HIV diagnoses in 2016.
- In 2016, Southern states accounted for more than half of new HIV diagnoses in the U.S., despite making up just 38% of the overall U.S. population.
- African Americans accounted for 44% of HIV diagnoses in 2016, although they comprise only 12% of the population.
- In 2016, 18,160 people were diagnosed with AIDS. There were 6,721 AIDS-related deaths in 2014.
SCLC/W.O.M.E.N., INC. was founded by Mrs. Evelyn Gibson Lowery in 1979 and is primarily a volunteer organization addressing issues of social action, community and economic development. The organization also engages in activities promoting heritage pride, legislative affairs, and programs to strengthen families, and advocacy for economic justice and peace issues.
The concern of SCLC/W.O.M.E.N., INC. emphasizes women’s issues, children’s needs, and enrichment, heritage pride, political awareness, health and welfare, education, and participation in international affairs.
- Get on the Bus… JOIN THE ORIGINAL CIVIL RIGHTS HERITAGE TOUR A Two-Day Roundtrip Motor Coach All Inclusive Event, founded by Mrs. Evelyn Gibson Lowery in 1987. Vaccines are Mandatory. Proof of vaccines will be shown to our medical team before boarding is allowed on the bus and participants must agree to temperature checks by...March 5, 2022